Announcement

Collapse

IMPORTANT Announcement.

Hello to all members new and old. Welcome to Origin Niche.

Just want to say that if you have posted in the tech-support forum or are just generally looking for help or an assist with something, and you think that nobody has seen your post, please feel free to PM me or any of the other Moderators and Administrators, we'll reply as soon as we can.

Redphyve
(Admin)
See more
See less

Area-51 7500 R5 command center needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Area-51 7500 R5 command center needed

Hi All

I am new here and was wondering if anybody could help me please. I have just bought an older (pre dell) area-51 7500 R5 Desktop pc. It came with 2gb ram and vista 32 bit. I have just upgraded to 8gb ram and installed win 7 64 bit. Everything is working fine on it apart from the command center. I checked out the alienware master disk and the restore disk but cannot find the command center software anywhere. I have called dell, given them my PC number and they cannot help me. I cannot create an account in the my hive support area as i do not have the original account number.

So, does anyone know what version i need and does anyone know where i can get a copy please?.

thanks

Re: Area-51 7500 R5 command center needed

Nobody has an older Area-51 pc with a copy of the command center?

Comment

I doubt it. You might give the alienware section of notebookforums a try. I don't think anyone here bought an AW desktop after the DELL buyout that would have the command center program.

Alienware Notebook Forums

I have an M17X laptop with command center, but I know the laptop and desktop versions won't work on the other.
      You know Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocketship underpants don't help.

M17X Black Metallic- Intel Core2 Duo T9600 2.8 GHz, 6 GB RAM 1066MHz, 17.0 WUXGA, 1GB Dual GTX 260M SLI-enabled, 250 GB 7200 rpm HD, 8X Dual Layer DVD Burner, Windows7 Ultimate 64bit.

Comment

Its not a Dell -Alienware, its an Area 51 before dell bought them out.

Its a Pre-Dell Area-51 7500 R5 and i need a copy of the command center please.

Comment

Hmmm... No luck at notebook forums?
          Have you checkout this thread and PM'ed the Partha or one of the other poster?

Partha's Tutorial to set up Alienware light kit is here - Origin PC Forums

Other option if you haven't tried yet is

Alienware: Client Services Support Area

It is the old AW support site and has drivers/my hive for pre-Dell AW owers.
          You know Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocketship underpants don't help.

M17X Black Metallic- Intel Core2 Duo T9600 2.8 GHz, 6 GB RAM 1066MHz, 17.0 WUXGA, 1GB Dual GTX 260M SLI-enabled, 250 GB 7200 rpm HD, 8X Dual Layer DVD Burner, Windows7 Ultimate 64bit.

Comment

Working...
          X