Announcement

Collapse

IMPORTANT Announcement.

Hello to all members new and old. Welcome to Origin Niche.

Just want to say that if you have posted in the tech-support forum or are just generally looking for help or an assist with something, and you think that nobody has seen your post, please feel free to PM me or any of the other Moderators and Administrators, we'll reply as soon as we can.

Redphyve
(Admin)
See more
See less

Alienware m17x i cant eject disk but disk inside

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alienware m17x i cant eject disk but disk inside

hello guys
    i put microsoft office dvd 2 days ago.After installation i cant eject disk.how can open de optical driive or like that beacuse optical drive sounding normally but dvd cant eject.
    Thank you

Re: Alienware m17x i cant eject disk but disk inside

Have you tried going to "My Computer" and right clicking on the drive and ejecting it that way? If all else fails there should be a little pin sized hole on the side of the drive, if you stick the end of a paper clip in there it will pop out the CD tray (it's safe, that's what that hole is made for).
    Virtual Blend - Facebook - Blog - Twitter

Comment

yup, as lil said, use something thin like a paper clip to poke in the hole as thats what the hole is for, then gently push the clip forward and voila you will have your dvd back.

Comment

But if the computer is on it will suck it right back in in a heart beat, so hold on loosely.
        Usually happens when the drive tray belt gets worn, quick solution, go to a hair boutique and get some of the hair elastic bands, they're silicon and about the diameter of a nickel, remove the old belt, when the tray is open it is visible, and replace with one of the "hair 'o' rings" not too difficult to do and it works like a charm. And the belts are about 25 or 50 for a dollar. I've been doing this for years and the belts haven't failed yet. Of course you could go through all the trouble of looking for a replacement belt, but I am cheap...lol
        My computer is a silicon armadillo rotting on the information superhighway

Comment

The m17x has a slot load theres no tray that pops out. You would have to open up the whole laptop to get inside of the drive. And I dont think theres any eject hole. I think your only option would be as said earlier is to eject it from my computer.

Comment

ahhh! yes, timbo is right, there is no eject hole and it is a slot load, NOT tray load. I was reading another thread about this problem and couldn't find anything specific about ejecting it via BIOS. My DVD has been stuck for 3 days and I just got the laptop a little over a week ago. Does anyone have a solution for me?

Comment

altixweb,
              I inserted the second disc for ejected the office dvd.It was done.You can try this.!!
              And i also fix the command center problem after 2-3 months.Vista effect my command center.Some exes effects then i install the mcafee and scant the laptop.It always find a one infected files and its repair it then command center return !!!!

Comment

Working...
              X