Alienware Origin Forums
X

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 10-29-2009, 09:17 AM   #1
Ostantric
DB's illegitimate love child

Win Alienware m17x i cant eject disk but disk inside

hello guys
i put microsoft office dvd 2 days ago.After installation i cant eject disk.how can open de optical driive or like that beacuse optical drive sounding normally but dvd cant eject.
Thank you
Ostantric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 10:05 AM   #2
lilfields
The Godfather

Send a message via AIM to lilfields Send a message via MSN to lilfields Send a message via Yahoo to lilfields Send a message via twitter to lilfields
Default Re: Alienware m17x i cant eject disk but disk inside

Have you tried going to "My Computer" and right clicking on the drive and ejecting it that way? If all else fails there should be a little pin sized hole on the side of the drive, if you stick the end of a paper clip in there it will pop out the CD tray (it's safe, that's what that hole is made for).
Old 11-03-2009, 07:01 PM   #3
EVIL-SCOTSMAN
WTFNUB

yup, as lil said, use something thin like a paper clip to poke in the hole as thats what the hole is for, then gently push the clip forward and voila you will have your dvd back.
EVIL-SCOTSMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 04:13 AM   #4
fbieler47
The DR. is in!!

Send a message via MSN to fbieler47 Send a message via Yahoo to fbieler47

But if the computer is on it will suck it right back in in a heart beat, so hold on loosely.
Usually happens when the drive tray belt gets worn, quick solution, go to a hair boutique and get some of the hair elastic bands, they're silicon and about the diameter of a nickel, remove the old belt, when the tray is open it is visible, and replace with one of the "hair 'o' rings" not too difficult to do and it works like a charm. And the belts are about 25 or 50 for a dollar. I've been doing this for years and the belts haven't failed yet. Of course you could go through all the trouble of looking for a replacement belt, but I am cheap...lol
Old 11-04-2009, 04:19 PM   #5
Timbo126
Human

The m17x has a slot load theres no tray that pops out. You would have to open up the whole laptop to get inside of the drive. And I dont think theres any eject hole. I think your only option would be as said earlier is to eject it from my computer.
Timbo126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 03:10 AM   #6
altixweb

ahhh! yes, timbo is right, there is no eject hole and it is a slot load, NOT tray load. I was reading another thread about this problem and couldn't find anything specific about ejecting it via BIOS. My DVD has been stuck for 3 days and I just got the laptop a little over a week ago. Does anyone have a solution for me?
altixweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 05:50 PM   #7
Ostantric

altixweb,
I inserted the second disc for ejected the office dvd.It was done.You can try this.!!
And i also fix the command center problem after 2-3 months.Vista effect my command center.Some exes effects then i install the mcafee and scant the laptop.It always find a one infected files and its repair it then command center return !!!!
Ostantric is offline   Reply With Quote