Announcement

Collapse

IMPORTANT Announcement.

Hello to all members new and old. Welcome to Origin Niche.

Just want to say that if you have posted in the tech-support forum or are just generally looking for help or an assist with something, and you think that nobody has seen your post, please feel free to PM me or any of the other Moderators and Administrators, we'll reply as soon as we can.

Redphyve
(Admin)
See more
See less

Who here has a 4K laptop?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who here has a 4K laptop?

Looking at getting a laptop soon and see a lot of options for a 4K screen. Have heard mixed things and would like some clarification.

I have heard the frame rate for games tanks on a 4K screen making some games unplayable even with the latest and greatest graphics cards. My biggest question is can't you just adjust your display resolution down to 1080P and play games maxed out still or is there some reason why not?

Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks

If you play on 4K and just lower the graphics from ultra to medium or high and you've got a GTX 1080 you should be able to hit 60 fps on most games. It's just on certain games you'll tank to 40 FPS or even lower and games in the future will require you to go to 1080P if you want 60 FPS with decent graphics

Comment

You are the man. Thank ls for all your help. Think I finally feel confident enough to just go ahead order one now

Comment

No problem, glad you could come to a decision.

- PCmasterrace

Comment

Working...
        X