Announcement

Collapse

IMPORTANT Announcement.

Hello to all members new and old. Welcome to Origin Niche.

Just want to say that if you have posted in the tech-support forum or are just generally looking for help or an assist with something, and you think that nobody has seen your post, please feel free to PM me or any of the other Moderators and Administrators, we'll reply as soon as we can.

Redphyve
(Admin)
See more
See less

My Displeasure with Origin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Displeasure with Origin

My experience with Origin has it’s wide array of feelings. Starting April 2015 I decided to buy myself a laptop I would consider my pride and joy, so I thought. Shortly thereafter, I would use the laptop lightly on games and perhaps did not use it to its full potential, regardless of its use, My Evo15S-Pro one day decided not to cooperate in my future plans with it that it decided to give up its legs and what would later follow its heart. After a little more than a year of use my laptop had bricked, no turning on, troubleshoots done, and was literally hopeless, even after calling Origin support, which I may say and feel a somewhat responsibility to warn others that their support is borderline low-grade. Not only did my questions not get answered, the representative showed a lack of effort in helping and what I could only call an unprofessional way of handling claims. As a customer that vouches for the little guy and have nothing other than hopes for these businesses to thrive, I was utterly disappointed in Origin. I realize entitlement is a somewhat privileged way of living here in the United States, but a charge to ship back and forth is standard, but shows a somewhat hidden guarantee of a company admitting its faults and correcting a mistake, with me, that earns respect. I realize that whoever reads this will either claim exaggeration or will agree, I hope no ill-intentions towards Origin as I truly believed it was a true gaming oriented company. I do however will think twice the next time I decide to spend close to $2500 on a laptop, and maybe a third thought will arise if I decide to keep my business with Origin.

Hello Redfyre,
    It is troubling to hear that you have had this experience with my support team. Could you please PM me with your contact information and order number for your system so I can look into this further and see what can be done to resolve this situation for you.
    Regards,
    Daniel Ovalle
    Technical Support Manager

http://www.ORIGINPC.com
    daniel_ovalle@originpc.com
    305-971-1000

Comment

[QUOTE=Redfyre;n109667]My experience with Origin has it’s wide array of feelings. Starting April 2015 I decided to buy myself a laptop I would consider my pride and joy, so I thought. Shortly thereafter, I would use the laptop lightly on games and perhaps did not use it to its full potential, regardless of its use, My Evo15S-Pro one day back drop decided not to cooperate in my future plans with it that it decided to give up its legs...
      [/QUOTE/]

Just feel sorry about your situation.
      So it seems the customer services and after-sales services not that great.
      I have to think about that.
      Last edited by kathykit; 01-10-2017, 03:50 AM.

Comment

**Update**
        I would like to thank David and all of the staff at Origin PC for reviewing my case and for showing me that honest businesses do exist. After this post, Daniel and I communicated and he very promptly set up a RMA for me and before I knew it my laptop was sent in for repair and now I have received it back, and is working as well as the first time I bought it. Thank you for making a weary consumer a believer and restoring my doubts, thanks Origin!

Comment

Always happy to help, I am just glad that I was able to turn around your experience.
          Regards,
          Daniel Ovalle
          Technical Support Manager

http://www.ORIGINPC.com
          daniel_ovalle@originpc.com
          305-971-1000

Comment

If I may, being objective and subjective at the same time, it is a shame that situations like this arise, with the only recourse of the customer, is to come here to the forum to complain and only then does something get done. I am not pointing fingers here and I do know from experience with Daniel (a real go getter!), that he can get resolution with issues, but it's a shame that it has to come down this.

I am a huge supporter of good customer service and it should be at the forefront of anyone's mind when making an expensive purchase, such as this. It is disheartening to read about people's issues with service online or even by phone. I would think that for as long as Origin has been around (even longer when they were Alienware), that great customer service drives the market. It is understandable that someone can get a "lemon", albeit a component failure or even something as simple as a loose wire, but to get the runaround from a department, who's sole purpose is to field warranty claims, should practice a little compassion towards the customer. They should "try to step into the customer's shoes" and understand that these days, reliance on the computers can go beyond simply playing a game. We actively conduct a lot of our lives online, so without the right tool to do so, becomes a hindrance and ultimately, it is up to the company to provide speedy, efficient and resolved solutions for the customer.

This may sound conceited, but there is a lot of truth to this statement that: The customer is your business and ultimately, the customer drives a business".

It IS good to hear that your issue was resolved and I tip my hat to Daniel for straightening it out.

Comment

Working...
            X