Announcement

Collapse

IMPORTANT Announcement.

Hello to all members new and old. Welcome to Origin Niche.

Just want to say that if you have posted in the tech-support forum or are just generally looking for help or an assist with something, and you think that nobody has seen your post, please feel free to PM me or any of the other Moderators and Administrators, we'll reply as soon as we can.

Redphyve
(Admin)
See more
See less

Feel ignored by CS ticket/email

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feel ignored by CS ticket/email

I never thought I would have to make a thread, but I want my voice to be heard somehow... A little backround on my situation:

So I saved up for months and finally had a little over $4k to spend. My previous computer I built myself, and I felt it was time for an upgrade. I was lazy this time around and decided to browse sites for a prebuilt. I stumbled upon Origin-PC and was impressed. I put in my order and waited for my PC to come. My Sales Rep was Oliver Paz and he seemed to communicate well with me during the process.

Fast forward to the initial arrival. I unpack my PC and start it up. No problems so far! But that was until I launched my game application. After about 30mins, I got a bluescreen. Odd, I thought. A brand new PC and I've already gotten a bluescreen? And the problem seemed to only occur during a gaming instance. So for the next 4 days I tried to troubleshoot the issue myself but no luck. Okay, time to contact my Rep!

They create an account for me and submit a ticket. This is where my support, Kevin Metellus, steps in. I explain the situation to him and he suggests to update the drivers and I do so. Still no luck. We go back and forth a bit trying different things until he gives me a link to fix DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION, and I follow all the steps. Still had issues! So at this point I downloaded BlueScreenView and was able to pinpoint the error (ntoskrnl.exe+197680). I paste it and await a reply. No reply for a full day, so I paste another entry of BlueScreenViewer and express my concern that the situation still hasn't been resolved. Fast forward two days and still no response! But at this point I've screwed up without any guidance! In short, I think I corrupted the master boot record by trying to "Reset this PC" in the system settings. It was stuck on 45% for 3 hours, so I reset it and tried the USB. Well, afterwards I get an Automatic Repair/Diagnosing your PC loop. It became impossible to fix for me. My fault, I know. But I wish CS kept talking with me instead of leaving me to my own devices...

I desperately needed help at this point. Now the BSOD wasn't the issue. It turned into an issue to even boot the PC. I tried to fix it with bootrec cmd methods and nothing would work. I realized that I'm just making things worse by trying to troubleshoot everything alone. I can build PC's but I'm not exactly tech savvy in regards to software. I plead for a response but now I've been waiting FOUR days since they asked me to try to fix the BSOD with their link! I even emailed Oliver in hopes I could get a response. I'm still waiting.

This whole situation has me stressed out. And now I can't even get on my new PC because I'm afraid to try anything else on my own. The Customer support has greatly disappointed me. I feel very ignored and alone right now.

Let's hope support spots this soon. OriginBryant can you help please?
    Peter
    Toronto, Canada
    Still using the last genuine
    Alienware ALX x58 R2 !

Comment

Update: Got an email from my REP. The booting issue has been resolved after following Kristian Vargas' advice to do a clean install. Now I just gotta see if I'm still getting BSOD issues which was the primary issue in the first place.

Comment

OK, good luck ;-)
        Peter
        Toronto, Canada
        Still using the last genuine
        Alienware ALX x58 R2 !

Comment

Hey guys! Final update here (hopefully).

So it turned out I was still having BSOD issues whenever launching my game applications. Amazing! So in a final effort of troubleshooting, I loaded the BIOS defaults. I paid for the "Professional Overclocking" but apparently they configured it incorrectly or something. Because sure enough, the PC was running just fine when I finally did that! I'm a little relieved and a little annoyed at the same time. It's so nice to actually be able to play the darn thing without issues! I even went on a pretty sick streaming session.

But I'm just a little pissed that I paid for that overclock and it turned out to be the issue all along! And not to mention the atrocious CS. Oliver was cool but my main support guy didn't impress me. They really need to keep in mind some people aren't exactly tech savvy. When you tell someone to do something, you should explain it in layman's terms and make it easy to follow. Also, shafting me on replies for 4 days straight, Kevin, really ticks a customer off! In any case, this issue is resolved. Will they message me to amend the overclock error? Who knows? All I care about is relaxing after all this stress.

Thanks Ex_Brit for trying to get this ticket attention at least.

My advice to anyone considering buying from Origin-PC, understand that things can and will go wrong. Be wary of the CS if you do decide on a purchase. Most of the Sales Reps are cool I hear, so be sure to ping them about bad CS. Pester them for answers or try to get your money back within your warranty period. I know I definitely considered it after this ordeal... Best of luck to you guys!

/Rant End

Comment

Working...
          X