Announcement

Collapse

IMPORTANT Announcement.

Hello to all members new and old. Welcome to Origin Niche.

Just want to say that if you have posted in the tech-support forum or are just generally looking for help or an assist with something, and you think that nobody has seen your post, please feel free to PM me or any of the other Moderators and Administrators, we'll reply as soon as we can.

Redphyve
(Admin)
See more
See less

A couple issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A couple issues

So I went with origin for a few reasons. First off, I'd heard well spoken of them, second, it was one of the few larger available laptops that gave the kind of performance I wanted, while still not going quite overboard. But I have a couple complaints.

The first one I guess I can blame on myself, origin claims that their laptops are all VR ready, but some of the basic specs are too weak to support the Vive, which is kinda what I wanted to go for. I took it on faith instead of researching it, my bad I guess.

But here's a large issue. The Power cord is super loose! How come the connection for headphones is so secure I can yank this huge laptop around with it, but if I fiddle with the laptops position just a little, the powercord unplugs, and the game I'm in the middle of immediately chugs, and then I die and lose. Seriously, sometimes I hold the computer perfectly still and just the position of the cord, the weight of it, eventually pulls the power cable out. Why is that? It's a huge cord with a huge connection, yet it slips out like it's buttered. Idk. It's a huge flaw in an otherwise fairly ideal computer for me.

Kaye Thank you for your message.
    I am sorry to hear about the inconvenience you are experiencing.
    I have forwarded your message as well as your contact information to our support staff so they can have a rep reach out and further assist.

Comment

So I thought I was done with this post, but guess what? The headphone jack latches on so strong that it literally ripped the plug out of a pair of skullcandy headphones. Are you kidding me?

and no, I didn't pull them out by the cord.
      Last edited by Kaye; 08-13-2018, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X