Announcement

Collapse

IMPORTANT Announcement.

Hello to all members new and old. Welcome to Origin Niche.

Just want to say that if you have posted in the tech-support forum or are just generally looking for help or an assist with something, and you think that nobody has seen your post, please feel free to PM me or any of the other Moderators and Administrators, we'll reply as soon as we can.

Redphyve
(Admin)
See more
See less

Buyer Beware!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buyer Beware!

I wish I had read up more before my Origin purchase. I've sent an email to customer service communicating my dissatisfaction over a month ago. NOT...ONE...WORD.

As mentioned, I wish I had done more research. Things to be aware of:

1. The 30 day guarantee is pretty limited. There is a 15% re-stocking fee, 60 day wait, and you have to pay for shipping. For example, a $4,000 the restocking fee would $600 + Insurance + shipping, could be close to $1000! READ THE FINE PRINT!

2. You have to request the motherboard schematic, instructions, etc. Even some of the system software wasn't install.

3. Telephone and remote support is suspect. I spent 3 hours on the first day of my purchase on the phone, constantly opening/closing the case, uninstalling/reinstalling software, etc. All to no resolution. Which leads to the next point.

4. If you send it for repair. Prepare to not have it for 30-45 days. That's what I was told. So, what do you do in the meantime? Play console games I guess.

5. The point of a pre-built is not to have to do much yourself, point of the expense. I had to practically re-build my system to get it to work.

6. Build quality is suspect. So, DIY would have been much cheaper. RECOMMEND BUILD YOURSELF over a ORIGIN purchase.

There isn't much activity on the forums, not surprising, but I hope to pass this along on other forums to help educate folks, helps to know ones options.

Origin staff patrol these forums regularly so no need to post multiple times.
    Let's hope you get a response soon & sorry you've had such a bad experience.
    Peter
    Toronto, Canada
    Still using the last genuine
    Alienware ALX x58 R2 !

Comment

Sorry about the multiple posts. I wasn't sure where the proper posting would be. As of today, still no response.

Comment

I'll send a message to one of the Origin staff.
        Last edited by Ex_Brit; 12-13-2018, 07:21 PM.
        Peter
        Toronto, Canada
        Still using the last genuine
        Alienware ALX x58 R2 !

Comment

mjharrison04 I truly am sorry to hear about the inconveniences experienced.
          I am forwarding this message as well as your contact info to our support management team so they can have a rep reach out and further assist.

Comment

Working...
          X