Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

No EA Origin Games Support Here

EA Origins is a separate company with its own support pages.
2 of 2 < >

Service Notice During Covid-19 Pandemic

Service in these Forums will be very slow during the Covid-19 Emergency
See more
See less

Buyer Beware!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OriginBryant
    replied
    mjharrison04 I truly am sorry to hear about the inconveniences experienced.
    I am forwarding this message as well as your contact info to our support management team so they can have a rep reach out and further assist.

Leave a comment:

• Ex_Brit
    replied
    I'll send a message to one of the Origin staff.
    Last edited by Ex_Brit; 12-13-2018, 06:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

• mjharrison04
    replied
    Sorry about the multiple posts. I wasn't sure where the proper posting would be. As of today, still no response.

Leave a comment:

• Ex_Brit
    replied
    Origin staff patrol these forums regularly so no need to post multiple times.
    Let's hope you get a response soon & sorry you've had such a bad experience.

Leave a comment:

• mjharrison04
    started a topic Buyer Beware!

Buyer Beware!

I wish I had read up more before my Origin purchase. I've sent an email to customer service communicating my dissatisfaction over a month ago. NOT...ONE...WORD.

As mentioned, I wish I had done more research. Things to be aware of:

1. The 30 day guarantee is pretty limited. There is a 15% re-stocking fee, 60 day wait, and you have to pay for shipping. For example, a $4,000 the restocking fee would $600 + Insurance + shipping, could be close to $1000! READ THE FINE PRINT!

2. You have to request the motherboard schematic, instructions, etc. Even some of the system software wasn't install.

3. Telephone and remote support is suspect. I spent 3 hours on the first day of my purchase on the phone, constantly opening/closing the case, uninstalling/reinstalling software, etc. All to no resolution. Which leads to the next point.

4. If you send it for repair. Prepare to not have it for 30-45 days. That's what I was told. So, what do you do in the meantime? Play console games I guess.

5. The point of a pre-built is not to have to do much yourself, point of the expense. I had to practically re-build my system to get it to work.

6. Build quality is suspect. So, DIY would have been much cheaper. RECOMMEND BUILD YOURSELF over a ORIGIN purchase.

There isn't much activity on the forums, not surprising, but I hope to pass this along on other forums to help educate folks, helps to know ones options.
Working...
X