Announcement

Collapse

IMPORTANT Announcement.

Hello to all members new and old. Welcome to Origin Niche.

Just want to say that if you have posted in the tech-support forum or are just generally looking for help or an assist with something, and you think that nobody has seen your post, please feel free to PM me or any of the other Moderators and Administrators, we'll reply as soon as we can.

Redphyve
(Admin)
See more
See less

Power supply pass through issue with chronos

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power supply pass through issue with chronos

What I was going to say was. I am in the market for a laptop and this issue doesn't affect me but does origin have plans to address the power pass through problem demonstrated in the following video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRFEr3rAizY (Origin starts at 12:00 mins in.)?

Having a hot uninsulated power cable that can be bridged is a serious problem that could hurt someone if they don't know to watch for it and origin should address this issue by either soldering the connector or using a fully insulated passthrough connector. (Also cable management, come on guys premium prices are paid for your PCs over retail for the parts. If you have an open header you should use it.)

I hope this type of issue was a one-off and does not represent how most products are shipped out.

Bradley.
    Last edited by Ex_Brit; 04-27-2019, 03:18 PM.

Edited - Moderator
    Last edited by Ex_Brit; 04-27-2019, 03:23 PM.

Comment

I've edited this and then sent a message to Origin on your behalf.
      Sorry you've waited so long.
      https://www.originpc.com/company/contact-us.aspx
      Peter
      Toronto, Canada
      Still using the last genuine
      Alienware ALX x58 R2 !

Comment

Hi Bradley,
        I'm afraid I can't help you as I don't (yet) own an Origin PC. I certainly wish I could afford one.
        I got a reply from support regarding your issue:
        Thank you for contacting us. Concerning our Chronos small form factor computer case, we have shipped thousands and thousands of Chronos cases since we first introduced our exclusive small form factor chassis at CES in 2016. We have never had a single issue or question about that particular connection. Thank you.
        If you require immediate assistance please do not hesitate to call in at 305-971-1000. Extension 1 for sales, 2 for support.
        If you don't use VOIP and can't access the phone number use their online support. Support@originpc.com

Last edited by Ex_Brit; 04-27-2019, 11:54 PM.
        Peter
        Toronto, Canada
        Still using the last genuine
        Alienware ALX x58 R2 !

Comment

Working...
        X