Announcement

Collapse

IMPORTANT Announcement.

Hello to all members new and old. Welcome to Origin Niche.

Just want to say that if you have posted in the tech-support forum or are just generally looking for help or an assist with something, and you think that nobody has seen your post, please feel free to PM me or any of the other Moderators and Administrators, we'll reply as soon as we can.

Redphyve
(Admin)
See more
See less

Installing new internal hard drive need help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing new internal hard drive need help!

Hello everyone,
    I am new to the PC world and would like if possible for someone to link to a video or written information in regards to how to install a internal hard drive onto a ORIGIN PC also on cloning my small drive. i looked online and didnt seem to find a computer with similar case. I also looked inside and didnt seem to find any sata cable for me to install the drive. I do not have "hotswap" installed. Thank you in advance guys and i hope to you hear from you guys soon! I have attached a picture with my computers info of what it has inside.

caaaaman no info? I know what i asking for is noobie lvl computer knowledge but we all started from some were. How about some info on how to take the Origin case a part to access its contents? schematic/ blue print something ? Thanks

Comment

Best call or email Support & open a ticket.
      https://www.originpc.com/support/
      Peter
      Toronto, Canada
      Still using the last genuine
      Alienware ALX x58 R2 !

Comment

Sazoman;

Your case likely has the hard drive cages installed since you do not have the hot swap bay option. There are black trays inside the computer that you would have to open the side door to get to. Unfortunately, unless you requested that the rest of the cage be prewired there will only be sata cables for the disk you have there installed now. You would have to install the sata cable to the motherboard and run it to the hard drive that you wish to install. There should have been a bundle of cables that are for your power supply as well if you dont have an available sata power connection.

If you require any help finding these items or just feel comfortable with a support agent on the phone with you please give us a call or email us at support@originpc.com
        Regards,
        Daniel Ovalle
        Technical Support Manager

http://www.ORIGINPC.com
        daniel_ovalle@originpc.com
        305-971-1000

Comment

Working...
        X