Announcement

Collapse

IMPORTANT Announcement.

Hello to all members new and old. Welcome to Origin Niche.

Just want to say that if you have posted in the tech-support forum or are just generally looking for help or an assist with something, and you think that nobody has seen your post, please feel free to PM me or any of the other Moderators and Administrators, we'll reply as soon as we can.

Redphyve
(Admin)
See more
See less

Unlocked phone incompatible on every network

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unlocked phone incompatible on every network

Hello, I recently purchased a refurbished, unlocked iPhone 7. I wanted to put in on total wireless, but when I tried to activate it I was told my IMEI was incompatible with the network. I checked with every carrier and they all told me the IMEI was incompatible, so I checked IMEI.info to see if the phone was locked or blacklisted. The report shows that it isn't, which was the limit for me. Does anyone know why else it may be incompatible? The seller has offered to take it back, but I got a great deal on it and would much prefer to keep it. Thanks in advance for the help!

You need to remove the SIM card from the phone and replace it with whatever carrier's SIM card that you wish to use.
    Google "How to remove an iphone 7 SIM card" without the punctuation marks. If that doesn't help then the phone isn't unlocked.
    You'll need something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Pj6aVMNjzA
    Last edited by Ex_Brit; 06-21-2019, 01:12 PM.
    Peter
    Toronto, Canada
    Still using the last genuine
    Alienware ALX x58 R2 !

Comment

Working...
    X