Announcement

Collapse

IMPORTANT Announcement.

Hello to all members new and old. Welcome to Origin Niche.

Just want to say that if you have posted in the tech-support forum or are just generally looking for help or an assist with something, and you think that nobody has seen your post, please feel free to PM me or any of the other Moderators and Administrators, we'll reply as soon as we can.

Redphyve
(Admin)
See more
See less

New Chronos Order

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Chronos Order

Officially joining the Origin family with a Chronos -
    1 CHRONOS
    Details
    Case: ORIGIN Chronos
    NO PAINT
    Current Special Offers: More Treats with Monstrous Upgrades Promo 10-Series & DT
    The ORIGIN Difference: ORIGIN PC Chronos - The Best Gaming Experience Guaranteed
    Case Fans: ORIGIN PC High-Performance Ultra Slim Fan
    Power Supply: 450 Watt Corsair SFX Series
    Motherboard: ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming
    System Cooling: ORIGIN FROSTBYTE 120 Sealed Liquid Cooling System for 1151 Socket
    Processors: Intel Core i5 6600K Quad-Core 3.5GHz (3.9GHz TurboBoost)
    Thermal Compound: GELID GC-Extreme CPU Application
    Graphic Cards: Single 6GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
    Memory: 16GB ORIGIN PC DDR4 Powered by Kingston 2666MHz (2 X 8GB)
    Operating System: MS Windows 10 Home
    Hard Drive One (Operating System Drive #1): 250GB Samsung 850 Evo Series
    Storage Drive One: 1TB ORIGIN PC Approved Hard Drive
    Storage Drive Two: None
    Audio: On Board High Definition 8-Channel Audio
    Networking: Onboard Network Port
    Warranty: Lifetime 24/7 U.S. Based Support and Lifetime Free Labor. 1 Year Part Replacement & Free Shipping Warranty
    ORIGIN Recovery: ORIGIN Recovery USB3.0 Flash Drive
    Evolve Part Upgrade Service: No Part Upgrade Service
    Free ORIGIN PC T-shirt: ORIGIN PC T-Shirt Large
    Web Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer/*Edge
    Web Browser: Google Chrome
    Not a lot of bells and whistles, but looking forward to a solid PC to use for the next few years. It will be replacing a DIY box I put together back in 2010 that is getting too slow. Estimated ship date is 10/24. We'll see how it goes.

CK
    You know Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocketship underpants don't help.

M17X Black Metallic- Intel Core2 Duo T9600 2.8 GHz, 6 GB RAM 1066MHz, 17.0 WUXGA, 1GB Dual GTX 260M SLI-enabled, 250 GB 7200 rpm HD, 8X Dual Layer DVD Burner, Windows7 Ultimate 64bit.

Initial update on ordering -

I'm not getting the feel of the personalized customer service advertised. I did call Origin before placing the order and the guy I spoke with - can't remember his name - didn't have much to say. I said I wanted to order a Chronos but it was just the box no peripherals. He asked if I had any questions - the only one I had was what was the difference between the specials offered. He then read to me verbatim off the configurator descriptions, which I already knew having looked at them, but in my mind they were not clear what the Deal becomes since things change based on your choice of laptop vs desktop, type of graphics card etc... I asked which deal is better with a Chronos order, he finally said the Monstrous Upgrade promo since it offered Free Shipping which I had missed. He never asked another question or offered to help with choices I had in mind. Just ended the conversation.

Placing the order online for a basic set-up (see above post) was straightforward and I got the automated confirmation email. The status page showed pending. My credit card statement showed the charge for Origin. Since I am having it shipped to my work address and not my billing address, there might have been a problem as Origin states on the ordering page, so I waited until yesterday morning to try to contact origin to be sure there were no problems with the payment. I decided to try the Live Chat. That was problematic as the window opened and gives a generic Origin Sales as the "person" on the other end with no information on potential wait times or if anyone is really there. It asks you to enter your question which I did. The chat window then sat for about 5 min before I gave up and ended the chat. About 15 min later I got an email from a generic Origin Sales email address with the generic Origin Sales signature attached stating that whoever this person was was typing in the chat window when their computer rebooted on them which is why there was no response to my chat inquiry. They did say that everything was processing normally for the payment and I should expect an email from my assigned sales rep soon. No idea who it was. Again not personal, but at least someone there saw that the chat was missed and answered the question I had.

Yesterday afternoon I got an email again from Origin telling me Oliver is my sales rep (posted below). The problem is that the email feels like a generic form letter that just inserts the customer's name and the sales rep's name. It is signed Orign Sales again and comes from the generic Origin Sales email address with the rep cc'd. Again not personal. It states that they are reviewing the configuration ordered and will contact me if there are any problems. Also it asks for a Twitter or Instagram handle to possibly tag you in a post of the build.

Again, it just doesn't give any sort of personal touch of the customer service I was expecting from Origin. Maybe my expectations are off.

------------------------
    Hello Leonard,

My name is Oliver. Thank you for your order and welcome to the ORIGIN PC family!
    Our lab will be reviewing your system specs shortly. I'll let you know if they have any feedback.

You can read more information on your purchase terms, conditions and warranty information here at: http://www.originpc.com/legal/terms-n-conditions.aspx

Your estimated ship date is: 10/24
    I will be sure to e-mail your tracking information once it ships. For your security, all packages will be shipped with an adult (18+) signature requirement.

You can visit and chat with other ORIGIN PC fans/customers on our forum here: http://www.originniche.com/

Also, I would love to give you a glimpse of your system while we build it here. Send me your Twitter or Instagram username and I will see about tagging you with a picture.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions.

Thank you,

OriginPC Sales Team

http://www.ORIGINPC.com
    Sales@Originpc.com
    305-971-1000

M17X Black Metallic- Intel Core2 Duo T9600 2.8 GHz, 6 GB RAM 1066MHz, 17.0 WUXGA, 1GB Dual GTX 260M SLI-enabled, 250 GB 7200 rpm HD, 8X Dual Layer DVD Burner, Windows7 Ultimate 64bit.

Comment

Since you ordered a chronos with a geforce 1060, I imagine you are going with a 1920x1080px monitor? Anyways, the quality of the systems that origin builds are top notch, so you have a lot to look forward to. I have an EON15-X 10-series laptop, and everything about it is top notch.

Comment

Thanks MrOpinion. I have confidence in the build of the PC. I have bought PCs from Alienware before it was sold to Dell. Origin was started by people who were originally in AW back when it was AW. Ultimately, the build is what matters most, but the customer service is what is supposed to set Origin apart from others who also build solid PCs. Just not seeing that yet...

And yes, I am not going with a huge monitor so the 1060 will be enough.

Comment

I do agree that the email received after ordering is generic, although that is something to expect when most people do not need customer service.

But, if someone does need to use origin's customer service, then they will be good to go.
          When I first ordered from origin, I had ordered the evo15-s 9-series, but changed my mind after a week when I decided I would spend a little bit more for more performance (and a thicker laptop)
          I emailed my sales rep telling him that I wanted to cancel the evo15-s 9-series and change to the eon15-x 10-series. He cancelled the evo15-s order and transferred the money from that order over to the eon15-x (plus I had to pay $500 dollars since the eon15-x that I ordered was about $500 more expensive).

One of the other things that I had to get done was to make sure that I would not receive the shirt that they give everyone for free. I go to a military university, and the mail arrives directly on post. If I were to have civilian clothing (aka the t-shirt that origin gives) I would get destroyed by higher ranks. I talked with my sales rep again and he contacted his buds and they took the t-shirt out of the order.

Speaking about going to a military university, there was a formal room inspection last week. My first platoon guide sergeant comes in, and he asks me "Why does your laptop look so high speed?"
          First thing that comes out of my mouth is "Because it is high speed, sergeant".
          Just thought I'd share that story.

Emailing your sales rep is probably the best way to get personal feedback, although sometimes they may take a while to respond. (Especially right now, because of hurricanes)
          Last edited by MrOpinion; 10-11-2016, 12:42 AM.

Comment

I'm glad to hear your order and changes went smoothly. Definitely the type of customer service experience advertised. I figure that I will wait until early next week to contact Origin, if I do not hear anything before them. The hurricane can definitely throw a wrench in the whole process so I am not expecting the estimated ship date to hold.

Cool story. I assume that answer was sufficient and hope it didn't lead to any further problems.

Comment

I just got an email from Oliver letting me know the Chronos has shipped and is on its way. It shipped out yesterday 8 days after placing the order online. UPS tracking says it has left FL and will arrive on Friday 10/14. That is delivery 10 days ahead of the estimated ship date. Yay for standard "simple" builds! The email also has links to unboxing instructions including an embedded YouTube video showing how to unbox the PC. It is a video for a Genesis/Millennium but I assume that the Chronos will be fairly similar.

Given my previous "complaints" (see above) - this email actually came from Oliver's account and has his Origin signature at the bottom. While the email could still be a standard email template, it feels like there is a person on the other end.

Looking forward to seeing what the Chronos can do this weekend.

Comment

The Chronos arrived on Friday. Will write a longer review when I have a chance, but in brief, only 1 hiccup in getting it running. When I turned it on the first time, one of the power cables was pushing against the radiator fan for the CPU cooler. I got an error that the CPU fan was not working. Just had to figure out how to open the Chronos case to move the cord out of the way.

Unfortunately Origin only has videos and info for the Genesis and Millenium. There was an extra small case screw besides the 2 standard thumb screws to remove the panel. It took a little but to find it.

Otherwise it has been running all weekend without a problem. I updated the Nvidia driver to the latest release (Oct 5) and began installing programs. Haven't had time to do too much, but will over the next few days. I love the small size of the case.

Comment

Working...
                X