Announcement

Collapse

IMPORTANT Announcement.

Hello to all members new and old. Welcome to Origin Niche.

Just want to say that if you have posted in the tech-support forum or are just generally looking for help or an assist with something, and you think that nobody has seen your post, please feel free to PM me or any of the other Moderators and Administrators, we'll reply as soon as we can.

Redphyve
(Admin)
See more
See less

New to origin, laptop order

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to origin, laptop order

Hello guys

I'm really new not just to origin but the whole custom PC scene. I'm really excited about this.

I've been building pcs since I was 10, but even to my current desktop they've all been mid range as due to abusive circumstances, I've had a very limited budget.

Thankfully that's behind me and I'm away from that situation but I tend to be out a lot in various medical facilities and I needed a laptop powerful enough to compare to my desktop (fx 8350, 8gb, hybrid ssd and rx480 8gb).

The only place I found that I felt could give me what I really wanted is origin, hands down. I've chased the dream of a mobile desktop and thanks to origin I finally found it.

I ordered the eon 15 10 series, I wanted something to tote around easier, so I settled with that over the 17 inch. I went all out with

Qfhd screen
    1070 8gb
    6700k 4ghz
    16 gb 2400mhz
    500gb Samsung 850 evo sata os drive
    2tb sea gate mechanical storage

I might have jump the gun though by going out already and buying a nice taylorhe red skull laptop back, and vampire lid vinyl skin with razor Bluetooth oorochi mouse and folding travel steel series mouse pad

I have to say, while origin as a whole seems very slow, I ordered sept 30, and it has a est oct 24 ship date, the sales managers seem amazing. Hector, mine, answers emails very quickly and has been a great help. Even with helping me get fourm access as mine didn't activate like it should.

UPDATE

According to my sales rep, my laptop is apparently in the integration department undergoing OS/Driver installs then stress testing. So hopefully it doesnt take too long to finish that up, but at least it seems the hardware is in place and its just software/testing that needs doing.
    Last edited by LordRikerQ; 10-14-2016, 09:10 PM.

That looks like an awesome laptop LordRikerQ. It sounds like you have had a good experience so far. Let us know your thoughts on the laptop/DR once you've had a chance to play with it for a while.
    You know Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocketship underpants don't help.

M17X Black Metallic- Intel Core2 Duo T9600 2.8 GHz, 6 GB RAM 1066MHz, 17.0 WUXGA, 1GB Dual GTX 260M SLI-enabled, 250 GB 7200 rpm HD, 8X Dual Layer DVD Burner, Windows7 Ultimate 64bit.

Comment

I got an eon15-x with basically the same stuff but I got FHD instead of QHD. Enjoy those pixels I guess, but expect lower framerates on a lot of games on ultra. Thankfully there is g-sync, so you don't really need to worry too much about lower framerates.

Comment

Originally posted by MrOpinion View Post
        I got an eon15-x with basically the same stuff but I got FHD instead of QHD. Enjoy those pixels I guess, but expect lower framerates on a lot of games on ultra. Thankfully there is g-sync, so you don't really need to worry too much about lower framerates.
        Can you tell me if it works to lower non 4k games to 1080p resolution?

I had this idea in my head I can use the 4k for movies and certain games like Witcher 3, but other games I can run at 1080p.

Comment

Yeah you will be able to bring 4k games to 1080p resolution if you want those high frames on ultra. I could have done that as well, but I didn't feel like paying extra for the ability to use 4k for other things. (Plus when you get 4k and you do stuff like web browsing, you have to scale everything so that it is not super small.)

Comment

Originally posted by MrOpinion View Post
            Yeah you will be able to bring 4k games to 1080p resolution if you want those high frames on ultra. I could have done that as well, but I didn't feel like paying extra for the ability to use 4k for other things. (Plus when you get 4k and you do stuff like web browsing, you have to scale everything so that it is not super small.)
            Thanks! Its a relief my idea will work. I can understand though not wanting to have to mess around with dpi scaling and paying for what in the short term, is still kind of a novelty. I don't mind though, i plan to watch 4K movies and mess around with some games like the witcher, but the purpose for me really was to be sort of future proof, as 4k seems like its here to stay.

Comment

update

apparently just 2 to 3 more days to shipping! I'm ready.

Comment

Working...
              X