Announcement

Collapse

IMPORTANT Announcement.

Hello to all members new and old. Welcome to Origin Niche.

Just want to say that if you have posted in the tech-support forum or are just generally looking for help or an assist with something, and you think that nobody has seen your post, please feel free to PM me or any of the other Moderators and Administrators, we'll reply as soon as we can.

Redphyve
(Admin)
See more
See less

Fan noise

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fan noise

I recieved my system a few weeks ago and about a week ago my bottom case fan started making a odd noise, and it seems to be spinning a little off.

Now before people go and start saying anything. I HAVE A INVERTED SYSTEM AND POWER SUPPLY BLOCKS HALF THE BOTTOM FAN LOCATION.
    Hence i cant even get to it to troubleshoot. Now i have put it on its side and there was no noise what so ever. A tech support guy told me to check to see if the fan was locked in... but nothing happened. maybe a lil more noise now. But i note. When the computer is on its side. NO NOISE. Standing normally... Noise.

Please help

*edit* also every once and a while the fan starts making a clicking noise... if i touch the case in the right spot the clicking sound stops but goes back to its noisy self.

I had a similar situation in my old computer but at least I did eventually succeed in fixing it with a new fan. It sounds like it's misaligned perhaps...? I trust you've put in a service request?
    https://www.originpc.com/support/
    Peter
    Volunteer Moderator

Toronto, Canada

Comment

No I've been waiting to see if I can fix it at home. But if I need to I will do just that

Comment

Good luck. I know how annoying that sort of thing can be.
        Peter
        Volunteer Moderator

Toronto, Canada

Comment

Ummm... don't know exactly how to dis-assemble the new cases to get access but it definitely sounds like the fan mounting could be slightly off.

I will advise calling T-support as they can step-by-step you through the checking.

FORUM ADMIN

Comment

Buy a new fan, if you are under warranty you will have to pay for shipping. It's 15.00 us, a new fan best you can get is just over 20.00.

Comment

Working...
            X