Announcement

Collapse

IMPORTANT Announcement.

Hello to all members new and old. Welcome to Origin Niche.

Just want to say that if you have posted in the tech-support forum or are just generally looking for help or an assist with something, and you think that nobody has seen your post, please feel free to PM me or any of the other Moderators and Administrators, we'll reply as soon as we can.

Redphyve
(Admin)
See more
See less

Fan Vibration

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fan Vibration

I've had my computer for a little less then a year, it was working fine but a couple of weeks to a month or so ago I started to notice a grinding noise. I have 2 dogs with long hair, so I thought it was time to clean it out. It seemed to have worked, but then a day or two later the grinding noise came back.

I purchased a blower ( because spending money on compressed air just felt like a waste ), and I used it again and it seemed fine. Then after a few minutes it started to go off again. I took off the side case and listened to it while it was on. I then gently pressed the top fan and it stopped. When I removed my finger it didn't do the noise, but started up again.

I had everything unplugged, unscrewed the fan, cleaned it thoroughly made sure there was no dog fur, and screwed it back in. It's still making the same noise.

I even turned it on, while it was unscrewed, let it sit for a few minutes while holding the fan and no noise. When I placed it gently onto it's spot, it started to grind again. So I definitely know this is the source.

The picture is the part.

Any suggestions before I call and bother Origin Customer Service or get another part?
    Attached Files

We generally use fans that the blades can be removed for cleaning, its possible that the blade assembly may not be seated fully on the motor, I'd recommend pushing down on the center of the blades and making sure that the assembly is centered properly. if the noise continues, you can contact us for a replacement fan, if you've had it for less than a year your warranty will cover the cost of the fan itself. Just give the support team a call when you have a chance.
    Regards,
    Daniel Ovalle
    Technical Support Manager

http://www.ORIGINPC.com
    daniel_ovalle@originpc.com
    305-971-1000

Comment

Working...
    X