Announcement

Collapse

IMPORTANT Announcement.

Hello to all members new and old. Welcome to Origin Niche.

Just want to say that if you have posted in the tech-support forum or are just generally looking for help or an assist with something, and you think that nobody has seen your post, please feel free to PM me or any of the other Moderators and Administrators, we'll reply as soon as we can.

Redphyve
(Admin)
See more
See less

Computer will not boot, and shuts off after 30 seconds.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer will not boot, and shuts off after 30 seconds.

I'll have my rough PC specs below, the only change has been a replaced SSD(same type, for the OS drive), and I've upgraded my GFX cards to be GTX1080 SC2 Gaming, with one of the GTX 660 to cards for dedicated physx.

When I hit the power button, everything seems fine from the outside. The activity light blinks twice, then goes dark, blinking only one more time a little later. There is nothing displayed on either of my 2 monitors(both connected to my main GTX 1080). There is no error beep from the motherboard. After about 30 seconds, the computer just shuts off. I've tried flipping the PSU off and on, unplugging the power, and plugging it back in.

It was working just fine last night, and has been with this hardware for over a year. So it isn't a recent hardware change.

I am unable to pull the computer out to inspect it right this minute, but wanted to get input before I try to later. PC specs below, just note changes mentioned above.

Case: Enermax Fulmo GT
    Case Exterior: NO PAINT
    The ORIGIN Difference: Truly Custom PC's. Want a component that is not on our site? Call or email us and we will include it in your system.
    Case Lighting: Green LED
    Case Fans: ORIGIN High-Performance Ultra Silent Fans - Black
    Motherboard: ASUS Rampage IV Extreme (SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 4-WaySLI capable)
    System Cooling: ORIGIN FROSTBYTE 360 Sealed Liquid Cooling System - High Performance Push/Pull
    Processors: Intel Extreme Edition Core i7 3970X 3.5GHz/4.0GHz Turbo Hex-Core (15MB L3 Cache)
    Power Supply: 1.2 Kilowatt Corsair AX1200i
    Graphic Cards: Triple 2GB EVGA GTX 660 Ti
    ORIGIN Professional Graphics Card Overclocking: ORIGIN Professional Graphics Card Overclocking
    Memory: 64GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz (8x8GB)
    Operating System: Genuine MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit Edition
    Hard Drive One: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro Series
    Hard Drive Two: 512GB Samsung 840 Pro Series
    Hard Drive Three: 4TB Western Digital Black SATA 6.0Gb/s, 7200RPM, 64MB Cache
    Optical Drive One: 12X Blu-ray Reader and DVD Combo (No DVD/Blu-ray Playback Software Included)
    Playback Software: CyberLink PowerDVD 13 Ultra
    Media Card Reader: 40-in-1 Media Card Reader
    Bay Devices: Lamptron Fan Controller FC3-A Limited Edition
    Audio: ASUS ROG Xonar Phoebus
    Networking: Linksys Wireless-N USB Network Adapter with Dual-Band

Please call into our technical support line so we can help you troubleshoot the problem.

Comment

Working...
    X