Announcement

Collapse

IMPORTANT Announcement.

Hello to all members new and old. Welcome to Origin Niche.

Just want to say that if you have posted in the tech-support forum or are just generally looking for help or an assist with something, and you think that nobody has seen your post, please feel free to PM me or any of the other Moderators and Administrators, we'll reply as soon as we can.

Redphyve
(Admin)
See more
See less

Remove Millennium psu shroud?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remove Millennium psu shroud?

Hi, I

I was trying to say I can

Comment

You can by removing these screws:
      https://helpdesk.originpc.com/a/solu...moval-v3-case-

Comment

I think it's highly dangerous to remove a PSU shroud, the capacitors within hold a high charge even after being off for a while and one small touch with your hand will kill you or maim. I tried to do that but a friend at APKNite stopped me.

Comment

Originally posted by blanco View Post
          I think it's highly dangerous to remove a PSU shroud, the capacitors within hold a high charge even after being off for a while and one small touch with your hand will kill you or maim. I tried to do that but a friend at APKNite stopped me.

Hi blanco, when we refer to the PSU shroud, we are referring to the metal cover that hides the cables from viewing from the side panel that go from the PSU to the rest of the system. As you and your friend stated, no PSU is user-serviceable in any way and if there are any issues suspected, you are best off contacting the PSU manufacturer for a RMA.

-Will
          Last edited by OriginWilliam; 08-31-2019, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X