Announcement

Collapse

IMPORTANT Announcement.

Hello to all members new and old. Welcome to Origin Niche.

Just want to say that if you have posted in the tech-support forum or are just generally looking for help or an assist with something, and you think that nobody has seen your post, please feel free to PM me or any of the other Moderators and Administrators, we'll reply as soon as we can.

Redphyve
(Admin)
See more
See less

Temperature problems on EON17-X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temperature problems on EON17-X

I purchased an EON-17X in 2015 sporting a Core i7 4790K Quad-Core 4.0GHz and a GTX 980M.

The system runs fine on HD screens and on WUXGA screens

I recently purchased a 2k screen running at 144Hz, and of course this puts strain on the system, so much that the cooling system doesn't cope, both CPU and GPU take some time off now and then when temps peak above 82

I activated Vsync, limited the game to 60 FPS, and set the monitor refresh rate to 60Hz. I also put the laptop on a cooling pad at opened the lid to allow heat to escape.
    The GPU seems to be able to cope, but the problem are the temps, it runs fine for 2-3 minutes before dropping frames.
    CPU runs at 82
    Last edited by phenriot; 12-09-2019, 04:39 AM.

The system seems like its still running within temperature parameters, but you may want to reapply some thermal paste to the CPU.
    You can give our support team a call to have them walk you through this is you are unfamiliar with working on your system.
    Regards,
    Daniel Ovalle
    Technical Support Manager

http://www.ORIGINPC.com
    [email protected]
    305-971-1000

Comment

Working...
    X