Announcement

Collapse

IMPORTANT Announcement.

Hello to all members new and old. Welcome to Origin Niche.

Just want to say that if you have posted in the tech-support forum or are just generally looking for help or an assist with something, and you think that nobody has seen your post, please feel free to PM me or any of the other Moderators and Administrators, we'll reply as soon as we can.

Redphyve
(Admin)
See more
See less

Partha's Tutorial to set up Alienware light kit is here

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Partha's Tutorial to set up Alienware light kit is here

Please help! Where can I buy Alienware AlienFX light kit with Passive card?

Comment

Partha-

It looks as though alienware's Power SUpply has the two pin plug coming oout of it connecting from the 24-pin motherboard connector. How can I get around this? Is there some kind of adapter I could buy? Or would my best bet be to buy an Alienware Power Supply specific to that Predator 2 case so that the plug comes preassembled??

thanks!

Comment

Hello,

I know this may be slightly off topic but I don't know where else to go. I purchased my Alienware system in 2003 and updated my case to a Black P2 with AlienFX (Active) in 2006. I also updated my motherboard myself that year. I have been getting updates from Alienware and every thing has worked fine until I just upgraded to Windows 7 64 bit and the old AlienFX software did not work. I bought the 64-bit Command Center upgrade from Alienware and the install seemed to go well until the very end when it told me that the software would only install on an Alienware computer. So I have a computer with no lighting. Is there something in the registry that can be changed that will allow the software to install? I have found this area in the registry:
        HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DESCRIPTION\System\BIO S
        that seem to describe my current system. Is it possible the softare is looking here to determine if it will install? Can someone with an Alienware desktop system please send me or post this registry branch from their computer so I can see the differences? I know no one who owns an Alienware computer that I can compare with.

Any help will be greatly apreciated,
        Greg Hayes

Comment

Here is the one issue I am having. How can I get the white connector piece? Looking everywhere for that EXACT piece in this picture and I cannot find it. Anyone? Someone? Please help and tell me. Thanks!

Comment

Tutorial updated with 2 new images to make the connections between the HDD/PLED pins in the back-end light kit card to PC motherboard more clear.

Comment

has anyone figured out why the lights stay on after shut down? I have everything connector and it lights up, besides the 2 pin connector. Would it be possible to get a 2 pin connector and solder it to a 4 pin molex? appreciate any help. Thanks!

Comment

If you are powering your card with only the USB then that's why lights stay on. I had the same issue until I finally used the molex connector. I used only 5v by pulling the 12v wire and ground out of the molex. This worked.

Comment

rgauchey - Sent you an email, thanks for the reply.

Comment

I just got an alienware case from craigslist and I have some issues fixing the lights on the alienware system. The problem is that I don't even know if the lights worked in the first place, the case was very cheap so I might need to replace some parts.

I did all the steps in this guide but still no lights on the system. I don't even get lights on the alien head when the system is on. So my question here is.

Do I need to install the alienware software in order to get the lights going ?

Shouldn't the system at least have the power button on ?

If the Passive Card is dead all the lights go off ? Thinking on buying it from ebay:

New OEM Alienware ALIENFX Light Kit ELC Passive Card PC051103 - MISC-CHIEFPCBDIP | eBay

Cause when I purchased the case a lot of cables were unplugged and the card was not very well positioned on the mini board.

Is the connector from the 24ATX connector necessary in order to at least turn the light in the power button ?

Hope I get some answers and fix this. Awesome guide tho, been looking for this for a month.
                    Last edited by j4k0b0; 05-24-2012, 06:19 AM. Reason: mistake

Comment

The only question I can answer for you is that you do need the software. I don't know how much help we can be as Partha seems to have disappeared and he was really into this.

FORUM ADMIN

Comment

I got my lights to work properly and change color however, for some reason my left panel door fan will not work. It is a LED fan and the fan's lights light up along with the panels lights but the fan won't spin. I have tested the fan it works. Can anyone share any insight on this?

Comment

Thanks man, but please help me with FetLife IMVU Canva one more thing,
                          Last edited by gncback2; 11-05-2018, 12:02 PM.

Comment

It's doubtful you'll get a response in a thread last answered 6 years ago so I would start a New Topic here explaining what the problem is.
                            Last edited by Ex_Brit; 11-04-2018, 05:08 PM.
                            Peter
                            Toronto, Canada
                            Still using the last genuine
                            Alienware ALX x58 R2 !

Comment

Working...
                            X